Reinhold obtained the degrees B. Com (Law) and LLB from the University of Pretoria and was admitted as an Attorney, Notary and Conveyancer in the High Court of South Africa in 1993. He has also completed an Advanced Course in Intellectual Property Management and Innovation at the University of South Africa with distinction.
Before joining de Chalains®, Reinhold was a senior director in the IP Department of Bowman Gilfillan (now part of Adams & Adams) where he headed up the firm’s foreign trade marks department for 10 years.
Reinhold’s areas of expertise include the registration, protection, administration and commercial exploitation of trade marks and related IP rights nationally and internationally. More specifically, he assists clients with the following:
- Pre-filing clearance searches and advice
- Filing and prosecution of trade mark applications
- Trade mark renewals, assignments and general portfolio management and audits
- Use-in-trade investigations
- Due diligence investigations and reports
- Trade mark licensing and franchising agreements
- Domain name registrations and the enforcement of rights against abusive domain name registrations
- Copyright protection
Over the years Reinhold has represented clients ranging from individuals to multi-national corporations across most industry types, including FMCG’s, IT, mining, tobacco, food and hospitality, sport and recreation, gaming, insurance and banking, to name but a few.